Been some time since I have posted now.
I did end up stopping with stronglifts because the Powell squad (Chris and Heidi powell) did come out with a app which is so much better for at least than stronglifts ever was. And I’m noticing after two weeks with it that I have been increasing my muscle growth already. Well, I did start first for a week on their weight loss program but then I missed lifting those metals so I choose the physique program. And I can’t say enough how much I can feel that my body needs this.
The first week on the program I could barely walk for the entire week because the exercises I had done was targeting muscles I hadn’t used in a while.
I think the best thing that could happen to me and many others was that they came out with this app.
Monday workout with 2 sets each exercise
- Weighted step ups 15 x 8 kg Kettle Bell.
- Weighted back lunges 15 x 5kg dumbbell.
- Walking lunges no extra weight 15 reps
- Barbell forward lunges 15 x10kg
- Roll ins on stability ball 15 reps.
- Calf raises 15×2
- Dumbell incline Press 6.2kg
- Underhand grip bodyweight row
- Barbell shoulder press 10 kg
- Bent over row 6.2kg
- Dumbbell preacher curls 6.2kg 6 and 7 reps.
- Dumbbell skull crushers 8 and 6 x 5kg
- Ball crunches 15 x2.
The preacher curls and skull crushers was so tough that I failed to do more reps. Will get better at these eventually – may have to lower the weight next time.
- Barbell squat 15 x 10 kg and 15 x 12.5kg.
- Wide romanian deadlift 15x10kg and 15×12.5kg.
- Plie squat with Kettle Bell 15×8 Kg 2 sets.
- One legged romanian deadlift 15×6.2 two sets.
- Calf raises 15×2
I think there were supposed to be one more exercise but the app wouldn’t show it so I couldn’t really guess what is was.
But if you also want to check out their app, it’s called Transform with Chris and Heidi.
This was my last workout for April since the birch pollen has started to blossom so I need to stay inside for probably 3-4 weeks and I’m already on day 4 so trying to stay calm and hope these days will go by quickly so I can enter the garage again:)